Directions: Select the best answer for each of the following questions and then click on the submit button.
1.Homeopathy traces its roots to the 19th century German physician
2. The word “homeopathy” comes from two combining forms; homeo-, for “same,” and pathy, for “disease.” It was thus named because
A. it is the same as allopathy.
B. “like cures like.”
C. of the Law of Similars.
D. Both B and C.
3. According to homeopathic theory, various materials found in nature contain an energy field that can exert a healing effect on the body. This energy field can be amplified, or ___________, by a series of dilutions and vigorous shakings.
4. A placebo works because
the subject believes that it works.
it is all-natural.
it is powerful medicine.
it is just what the patient needs.
5. The system of treating disease by inducing a pathologic reaction that is antagonistic to the disease being treated is referred to as
6. The system of conventional medicine that is widely practiced in the U.S. today is often referred to as
7. Most homeopathic preparations have been formulated to be taken
through the nose.
under the tongue.
as an enema.
mixed with fruit juice.
8. True or False: Homeopathic formulations provide nutrition the body needs to heal itself.
9. True or False: Homeopathic formulations rarely have undesirable side-effects.
10. True or False: Homeopathic formulations should not be taken along with herbs.
11. A “3X” on the bottle of a homeopathic preparation indicates
that the product should be taken three times a day.
that the product should be taken three times a week.
that the ingredient has been diluted and potentiated 3 times.
that the product should not be given to children.