Overview of Lesson 1
In this lesson we will cover the following:
- What is an herb?
- What are the different types of herbs based on their usage?
- What is the difference between an herb and a drug?
- What do we mean by the term “synergistic”?
- What is “alternative medicine” and what is its place in our health care system?
- What does “holistic” mean?
- Is it necessary for herbalists to diagnose?
- Introduction to the Body Systems Approach.
- Introduction to the Online Health Assessment questionnaire.
- The purpose of this course.
Directions: Proceed through this lesson and those that follow by choosing the best answer to any question presented to you. Select an answer by clicking on the button to the left of your choice and then press the “Continue” button. Don’t be afraid to guess—we are not keeping score. “Trial and error” is an important part of the learning experience.
What is an herb?
A seed producing plant that does not develop persistent woody tissue but dies down at the end of the growing season.
A plant or plant part valued for its medicinal, savory, or aromatic qualities.
Both of the above are correct.